By David E. Chinitz,Gail McDonald
Offering a accomplished and up to date survey of the sphere, A spouse to Modernist Poetry offers readers with precise discussions of person poets, ‘schools’ and ‘movements’ inside of modernist poetry, and the cultural and old context of the modernist period.
- Provides an in-depth and available precis of the newest traits within the learn of modernist poetry
- Balances dialogue of person poets, ‘schools’, and ‘movements’ with in-depth literary and old context
- Brings contemporary scholarship to undergo with reference to modernist poetry whereas additionally offering assistance on poets who're traditionally important
- Edited by means of hugely revered and amazing critics within the box who've a huge wisdom of present debates and of emerging and senior students within the field
Read Online or Download A Companion to Modernist Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
How did nice Britain, which entered the 20th century as a dominant empire, reinvent itself in response to its fears and fantasies in regards to the usa? Investigating the anxieties because of the invasion of yankee culture-from jazz to Ford motor vehicles to Hollywood films-during the 1st 1/2 the 20 th century, Genevieve Abravanel theorizes the increase of the yankee leisure Empire as a brand new type of imperialism that threatened Britain's personal.
Like many males of his new release, poet Robert Graves was once indelibly marked by means of his event of trench war in global warfare I. The awful battles within which he fought and his guilt over surviving while such a lot of perished left Graves shell-shocked and disoriented, desperately looking the way to bridge the rupture among his traditional upbringing and the uncertainties of postwar British society.
Within the Labors of Modernism, Mary Wilson analyzes the unrecognized function of household servants within the experimental types and narratives of Modernist fiction by way of Virginia Woolf, Gertrude Stein, Nella Larsen, and Jean Rhys. interpreting problems with type, gender, and race in a transatlantic Modernist context, Wilson brings realization to where the place servants input literature: the brink.
The Wilhelmine Empire? s commencing a long time (1870s - Eighties) have been the most important transitional years within the improvement of German modernism, either politically and culturally. the following Marsha Morton argues that no artist represented the shift from culture to unsettling innovation extra compellingly than Max Klinger.
- Front Lines of Modernism: Remapping the Great War in British Fiction
- Ritual, Myth and the Modernist Text: The Influence of Jane Ellen Harrison on Joyce, Eliot and Woolf
- Conceived in Modernism: The Aesthetics and Politics of Birth Control
- Staging Modernist Lives: H.D., Mina Loy, Nancy Cunard, Three Plays and Criticism
Extra resources for A Companion to Modernist Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Modernist Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by David E. Chinitz,Gail McDonald