By Tong Lam
Read or Download A Passion for Facts: Social Surveys and the Construction of the Chinese Nation-State, 1900–1949 (Asia Pacific Modern) PDF
Best social sciences research books
Cross-National learn method and perform deals functional tips for relative beginners to cross-national examine through analysing and comparing the examine strategy by way of focusing strongly on top perform when it comes to tools and administration. It increases a couple of vital matters for cross-national study which were given inadequate cognizance in discussions of tools and perform.
For center and highschool lecturers lecturers of social reports and English, this ebook is stuffed with examples of educational recommendations that tackle scholars’ readiness degrees, pursuits, and studying personal tastes. It indicates lecturers easy methods to formatively investigate their scholars via addressing differentiated studying ambitions.
This quantity, the 1st of its sort, launches a talk among humanities students doing fieldwork at the worldwide south. It either deals critical instruments and demonstrates the worth of such paintings in and out of the academy. The individuals mirror upon their reviews of fieldwork, the tools they improvised, their dilemmas and insights, and the ways that fieldwork shifted their frames of study.
Trying to describe quantitative examine equipment via one quantity of fabric is sort of a not easy pastime and it's going to be famous right here that this e-book is in no way trying to exhaustively current every thing less than the sunlight at the topic. readers might want to extend on what's awarded the following by means of looking out the extant literature on what exists and what most closely fits their examine wishes.
- Analysing Qualitative Data (Qualitative Research Kit)
- Projections of Power: Framing News, Public Opinion, and U.S. Foreign Policy (Studies in Communication, Media, and Public Opinion)
- Differential Item Functioning: 161 (Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences)
- Analyzing Text and Discourse: Eight Approaches for the Social Sciences
- Clarity and Confusion in Social Theory: Taking Concepts Seriously (Philosophy and Method in the Social Sciences)
- Laboratory Experiments in the Social Sciences
Extra info for A Passion for Facts: Social Surveys and the Construction of the Chinese Nation-State, 1900–1949 (Asia Pacific Modern)
A Passion for Facts: Social Surveys and the Construction of the Chinese Nation-State, 1900–1949 (Asia Pacific Modern) by Tong Lam