By Faye Hammill,Mark Hussey
- Periodical publishing – from 'little magazines' comparable to Rhythm to sleek courses resembling Vanity Fair
- The fabric facets of early twentieth-century publishing – small presses, typography, representation and publication design
- The movement of modernist print artefacts throughout the e-book exchange, libraries, publication golf equipment and cafes
- Educational and political print initiatives
Including bills of archival fabric to be had on-line, specific lists of key additional studying and a survey of recent tendencies within the box, this is often a vital advisor to a big region within the examine of modernist literature.
Read Online or Download Modernism's Print Cultures (New Modernisms) PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
How did nice Britain, which entered the 20th century as a dominant empire, reinvent itself in response to its fears and fantasies concerning the usa? Investigating the anxieties brought on by the invasion of yank culture-from jazz to Ford motorized vehicles to Hollywood films-during the 1st 1/2 the 20th century, Genevieve Abravanel theorizes the increase of the yankee leisure Empire as a brand new sort of imperialism that threatened Britain's personal.
Like many males of his new release, poet Robert Graves used to be indelibly marked through his event of trench battle in global battle I. The terrible battles during which he fought and his guilt over surviving while such a lot of perished left Graves shell-shocked and disoriented, desperately looking how to bridge the rupture among his traditional upbringing and the uncertainties of postwar British society.
Within the Labors of Modernism, Mary Wilson analyzes the unrecognized position of family servants within the experimental types and narratives of Modernist fiction via Virginia Woolf, Gertrude Stein, Nella Larsen, and Jean Rhys. interpreting problems with category, gender, and race in a transatlantic Modernist context, Wilson brings awareness to where the place servants input literature: the brink.
The Wilhelmine Empire? s beginning a long time (1870s - Eighteen Eighties) have been the most important transitional years within the improvement of German modernism, either politically and culturally. right here Marsha Morton argues that no artist represented the shift from culture to unsettling innovation extra compellingly than Max Klinger.
- Proust's Latin Americans (Hopkins Studies in Modernism)
- Gender, Race, and Mourning in American Modernism
- Secrecy and Sapphic Modernism: Writing Romans à Clef Between the Wars
- Criminal Ingenuity: Moore, Cornell, Ashbery, and the Struggle Between the Arts (Modernist Literature and Culture)
- Modernist Eroticisms: European Literature After Sexology (Palgrave Studies in Modern European Literature)
- The Phantom of the Ego: Modernism and the Mimetic Unconscious (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
Additional resources for Modernism's Print Cultures (New Modernisms)
Modernism's Print Cultures (New Modernisms) by Faye Hammill,Mark Hussey